Web Content Creator
The George Mason University, Office of University Branding, invites applications for the role of Web Content Creator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position is responsible for planning, creating and publishing Mason’s brand stories and initiatives with a focus on user experience and optimal reach. The Web Content Creator reports to the Web Strategist.
· Bachelor’s degree or relevant combination of education and experience in communications, marketing, journalism or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Advanced written and oral communication skills;
· Experience in web publishing and content management systems such as Wordpress and Drupal;
· Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS markup;
· Clear understanding of marketing tactics in web communication;
· Grasp of SEO and web analytics; and
· Considerable experience in web content management (generally 4 years).
· Ability to compellingly communicate a brand story through web platform;
· Ability to identify and tailor messaging to target audiences;
· Design sensibility that allows the creator to envision and communicate content in formats other than text-based articles;
· Understanding of marketing and audience-target funnels, particularly in higher education, non-profit, and community and government relations;
· Ability to identify, craft, and position content for various stages of engagement;
· A firm understanding and commitment to User Experience (UX) and commitment to creating content that meets accessibility standards;
· Understanding of SEO (search engine optimization) and SEM (search engine marketing) is beneficial to this role;
· Must be a collaborative team player who regularly communicates with teammates and stakeholders and;
· Advanced project management skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02339Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.